Under the Skin: The Botched Beauty Business – Juvea Aesthetic’s View
At Juvea Aesthetics, we’ve long felt that the aesthetics industry needed greater regulation to ensure patient care. It’s the reason why our sister company, MATA – The Medical Aesthetics Training Academy was founded in 2015. So we were glad to see that BBC3 has released “Under the Skin: The Botched Beauty Industry”, a documentary about the lack of regulations in aesthetics and the risk this presents to the public.
Over the course of 30 minutes, the documentary’s host, influencer Anchal Seda, interviews a number of women who have suffered as a result of treatment by poorly trained aesthetic practitioners, investigates Training Academies that provide inadequate education in aesthetic practice, and overall, highlights the fact that at present anyone in the UK can take a one-day training course and start carrying out botox injections, dermal filler injections, and even PDO thread lifts. Even worse is the rise of virtual courses, where listening to a one and a half hour presentation is apparently all you need to go out and practice microneedling.
Botox, dermal fillers, laser hair removal; all have become thought of in the same manner as a hair cut or nail extensions; despite the fact they involve medical devices and could cause real harm if inappropriately administered. As consumers, we need to make sure we do our homework before we get these treatments, and at Juvea Aesthetics, we’d recommend that you have the answers to the following questions before confirming your booking:
- Is the clinic registered with the CQC?
- What qualifications does the practitioner have?
- How long have they practiced in aesthetics?
- What ratings do they have online?
Take Juvea Aesthetics, for example:
- Our clinic is CQC registered.
- Our Botox® and dermal fillers are carried out by our founder, Dr Faz Zavahir, a plastic surgeon with over 25 years of experience.
- We have a 4.8 / 5 rating on TrustPilot, a 4.7 / 5 rating on Google Reviews, and a 5 / 5 rating on Facebook.
- We have been open since 2008, and ensure all our practitioners undergo continuous professional development; learning the newest techniques on the most advanced equipment.
- We offer free consultations to ensure that our treatments are the right option for clients.
If you’re interested in aesthetic treatments with us, then please feel free to get in touch. In the meantime, we would highly recommend that you watch the documentary, and join the campaign for greater regulation in the aesthetics industry.